BUYING GUIDE for In-Ear-Headphone
When you’re looking for a new pair of headphones, there’s a lot of questions you should be asking yourself.
1. What do I want to use them for?
2. How long do I expect to use them at a time?
3. How important is sounds quality to me?
4. Do they have a noise cancellation feature?
5. Is there battery light always on?
6. Sound leakage?
Purchasing the right pair of headphones for you can be a bit of a daunting task, Here I am trying to give you info on them and deciding between in-ear, on-ear, or over-the-ear headphones is a crucial step in the process
WHAT IS HEADPHONE
I mentioned that I was disturbed by the surrounding sound of an active headphone playing music. Our team decided to do a thorough analysis of available headphones and their specific features. We will talk about which type of headphones are best for you depending on your requirements. Headphones are like cars where you can really find your favorites and get locked into what you like.
To brush up a simple definition, headphones sometimes referred to as earphones are a hardware audio output device (pair of small speakers). They are plugged into your computer, smartphone, tablet etc. Headphones allow you to listen to audio or watch a movie without disturbing people in the vicinity. They are plug-and-play devices and do not require any sort of installation before use. In 1910 headphones were first created by U.S. Navy,.Early headphones were simple and were used as an earpiece device without complicated electronics.
TYPES OF HEADPHONES
There is a multitude of headphones configurations. Basically, there are three types of Headphones-in-ear, on-ear, or over-the-ear headphones
In-Ear Headphones-Also called earbuds or earphones or canal phones are one which inserts into the ear canal, or sits just outside, and provides sound and are extremely portable. They can be rolled up and stored in a case that’s very small or right into your pocket.They are one of the more popular forms of headphones. They isolate you from ambient noise. The idea here is a physical barrier between your ear and the offending sounds.
TODAY WE WILL DISCUSS IN-EARN HEADPHONES ALSO REFERRED MORE AS EARBUDS, EARPHONES.
Some people get tingling in the ear with such phones, others feel discomfort. Now some in-ear headphones come with foam ear tips instead of cheap common silicone. Foam ear tips are more comfortable. Some even offer adjustable fitting options by packing in three different sizes of tips for small, medium and large canals. This type of headphones can lead to general pain and discomfort for users whose ears are too small or aren’t shaped in the same way as the tips require for fitting in the canal. They can be very uncomfortable to wear for extended periods of time. I would suggest that you try a few different styles of ear tips (size, shape & tip material ) before buying any in-ear headphones.
NOISE CANCELLATION (Insulation of outside sound)
In-ear headphones have the ability to reject outside noise without any fancy algorithms or noise cancellation device. They simply can block out the noise by being properly inserted into the ear canal. Even high tech headphones cannot achieve this level of noise cancelation.
What we observed, the sound quality of in-ear headphones cannot be as good as any on-ear or over-ear model. They provide very minimal bass. Normally they are good for audio books as the quality of sound is not good when listing to good music having sound effects. They are just too small to give you the sound depth and quality that real audiophiles expect. I will not suggest to use them for complex music. However, In-Ear- Headphone transmission is free from any interference, as there is no blue tooth intermediate.
In Wired headsets, the journey of output audio is from source to headset. In wireless headphones, it is from Audio source-blue tooth coding-transmission-decoding-conversion-amplification-headset. These causes surround interference. There is audio latency in Bluetooth devices.
1. To avoid outside noise, just wear them even without music. They help in reducing outside noise. They are good for frequent flyers. The comfort of carrying and reduction of aircraft and ding dong noise.
2. When using them for listing music, they do not create surround noise and the next person is not disturbed.No sound leakage
3. Most of On-ear and Over-the-ear headphones have some of the lights on it to show battery life. Such lights disturb the next person sitting, lying with you, especially in the bedroom. In-ear headphones have this advantage as there are no such lights.
4. These are the cheapest one of the three types of headphones on average, which isn’t to say you can’t get expensive ones if you want.
5. Wired headphones don’t get any interference of other.No background noise
6.Battery life – Not a factor with an In-ear headphone set
7.no interference with earrings, glasses, hats or hairstyles.
8. Some in-ear headphones feature various types of ear clips to hold the buds in place, during sports activities. Best bet for travel, sports, gym
1.No good quality of sound for complex music.Not good for Audiophiles
2. They can be painful for long use.
3. They easily get tangled. snagged cables
4.wire is an obvious hazard. In-ear headphones have chances of choking effect, more on kids.
5. Their small sizes make them easier to lose
7. Always tethered to a device